Calm Kids Counselling provides your child with a safe, warm empathetic space. Sharon uses a gentle combination of Mindfulness and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to provide your child with the tools to develop positive coping skills.
Walk and Talk Counselling is available for those children who may benefit from a more natural and soothing physical space. These sessions can be well suited to children who struggle with eye contact, sitting still or being in enclosed spaces. Being in nature helps our nervous system unwind and relax and can be meditative and grounding.
Counselling may include:
- Anger management
- Behaviour management
- Emotional regulation
- Self esteem
- Social skills
- Loss and Grief
Animal Assisted Therapy
Artemis (Arte) is a Certified Therapy Dog; she loves interacting with the children in the sessions. Arte has completed her training and Certification at Lead the Way Institute.
Some benefits of Animal Assisted Therapy include:
- Animals help teach empathy and appropriate interpersonal skills
- The presence of animals can help quickly build the therapeutic relationship for children
- Patting an animal has been demonstrated to lower blood pressure, lower anxiety and lessen stress.
Animal Assisted Therapy may include:
- Social Skills
- Emotional Regulation
- Friendships and bullying
- Dog Phobias
Follow Arte’s adventures here.
‘Peaceful Kids’ is a Mindfulness and Positive Psychology based program to lessen anxiety and stress and increase resilience in children. The program gives children the skills, practice and support to utilize coping strategies that lessen the symptoms of anxiety and stress and to build resilience. The program also involves parental involvement and commitment to supporting the strategies at home.
- Peaceful Kids is an 8 week educational program for children
- Sessions are for approximately 60 mins each week
- Peaceful Kids is a small group program (Max 6 kids)
- Sessions include learning a range of mindfulness strategies, meditations and positive psychology exercises.
LEGO® Based Therapy ‘Brick Club’
LEGO® – Based Therapy was developed by neuropsychologist Dr LeGoff (2004). Initially aimed at children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), it has also been found to benefit many children with communication and social developmental difficulties (LeGoff, 2014).
Brick Club is a play based approach to encourage the development of social skills and communication. It is a fun and motivating therapy program. The program helps support skills such as sharing, turn taking, collaboration, conflict resolution and verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Brick Club is a 8-10 week program for children
- Sessions run for 60-90mins each week
- Brick club is a small group program (3-4 kids)